Job Title: Senior IT Support Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Manager, IT Support
The Senior IT Support Engineer will use established analysis techniques to provide IT support to internal end-users. Responsible for configuring and setting-up desktops and laptops; consults with users to troubleshoot software and hardware issues and finds resolutions; publishes resolutions onto comScore’s wiki FAQ page and manages teleco systems. Evaluate hardware and software solutions and make recommendations to senior management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Owns assigned technical support area (i.e. phone system and/or video conferencing), maintains the infrastructure, manages the system and performs upgrades
• Serves as point of contact for assigned area of expertise
• Develops and sets laptop imaging standards and configurations standard
• Performs advanced system configurations, back-ups and system level changes
• Provides IT support through the ticketing system
• Trains, mentors and coaches’ others
• Troubleshoot technical issues with hardware, software and all user devices.
• Install and configure software, related hardware and mobile devices for all users both remote and local.
• Configure and deploy equipment for new users and provide technical training as needed.
• Create and maintain documentation on standard operating procedures.
• Create and maintain technical documentation for the IT Support knowledgebase.
• Evaluate software and hardware solutions for use in the comScore environment.
• Manage advanced projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of professional experience servicing and supporting small and medium business networks and/or products in a Tier 2 support role.
• 3+ years’ experience with Mac (IOS systems)
• 3+ years’ experience in implementing and supporting Microsoft operating systems, wide variety of applications, and networking technologies.
• 3+ years’ IT leadership experience.
• 3+ LAN, WAN and VoIP phone systems experience
• Linux experience preferred
• Highly motivated and goal oriented with strong focus on providing a superior customer service
• Demonstrable experience supporting local and remote offices. Occasional travel required within Portland
• Effective relationship management, communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated success dealing effectively with customers, vendors, peers and senior management.
• Experience with troubleshooting software and hardware issues
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.