comScore, a leading technology company in the entertainment measurement industry, is hiring a General Accounting Manager in our Reston, VA headquarters. We are seeking a self-motivated, system-savvy, team player with strong process and systems experience and leadership skills. This individual will report to the Assistant Controller and be responsible for managing the Payroll and Accounts Payable teams. The candidate will be responsible for business process improvement, policy and internal control compliance and performance metrics. This individual will be a proven and capable leader and able to develop and maintain effective cross-functional relationships throughout a global organization.
- Manage payroll and accounts payable teams
- Ensure teams meets month-end and quarterly financial close deadlines
- Develop and publish periodic payroll, procurement, payables and disbursement metrics, share discoveries, recommend and implement improvements and report on results
- Provide support, training, mentoring, and development to staff to ensure the department performs efficiently
- Serve as subject matter expert on all payroll related processes and procedures including, but not limited to, federal and state payroll taxes, stock-based compensation, on/off cycle payrolls, payroll related tax filings, incentive compensation, retro calculations, year-end processing, etc.
- Proven ability to review multiple payrolls and related journal entries for accuracy, completeness and compliance with internal policies, GAAP and federal and state wage law
- Manage the accounts payable team to ensure payments are properly executed and identify and resolve payment failures in a timely manner
- Manage continuous improvement of procure-to-pay processes and systems that will scale to meet our growth
- Excellent vendor management, influence, and expediting capabilities
- Proactively communicate and foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders including treasury, vendors, internal business units and internal audit.
- 10+ years of diversified experience across payroll, procurement, accounts payable and accounting operations
- BS degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA required
- Public Accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems such as NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics AXA performance metrics approach to continuous process improvement
- Excellent knowledge of the procure-to-pay process
- Excellent knowledge of the payroll process
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- A strong, detailed orientation to the review and management of responsibility areas
- Demonstrated customer commitment and work ethic based on strong desire to exceed expectations
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.