Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Technology
The Software Engineer delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This may include the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. Additionally, the Senior Software Engineer may lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Modifies, writes and documents software programming applications.
• Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements.
• Works with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations.
• Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks.
• Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems. Converts designs and specifications into computer code. Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs.
• Consults with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
• Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs.
• May train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
• Follows development best practices and standards. Ability to define and improve development practices and policies.
• Ability to estimate, design and develop new modules and complex enhancements to the system.
• Provide guidance to engineers on design and framework improvements. Pair with engineers where appropriate.
• Design techniques include re-use, performance and integration concepts.
• Ability to provide accurate estimates and impact of changes or enhancements. Considerations include development approach to align with business target dates.
• Provide system framework and design improvements suggestions for the system. Ability to document and present framework improvements for use by department (‘brown-bag seminars’).
• Understanding of end to end system modules and integration points.
• Ability to suggest design options for concept product features or enhancements.
• Bachelor's degree in a related area as well as 0-2+ years experience
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Knowledge of object oriented programming languages such as C++, Java, Perl, etc. Working knowledge of either back end data processing or front-end reporting and UI frameworks.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.