Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Director, Technical Project Management
This role will bring a deep technical acumen for creating world-class capabilities of highly performing software products to the XP space by managing product feature delivery that aligns with agile project management processes, product roadmaps, and platform solutions. This position will aid the full-life-cycle of product and software development process by utilizing iterative, incremental frameworks for product and project management. Enhances team productivity by tracking time, budgets, resources, organizing teams, assessing resources and planning capacity. The product engineer is the primary liaison between the product stakeholders, software development teams, and QA. This position is responsible for leading, gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements during the analysis and design phases. This includes interviewing product stakeholders to proactively translate feature business needs/requirements to functional requirement specifications. Deliverables include modeling business and functional specifications in an organized manner for stakeholder review and development teams to translate into technical requirements for development work. Establishing standard processes for program and project management, and portfolio management by utilizing applicable tools and frameworks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead Design Sprints
• Assist in Development Sprint Ceremonies
• Lead the planning, concept development, system-level design, detailed functionality design, refinement, and production ramp-up of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC)
• Map Business Requirements to Functional Requirements and Success Criteria
• Review Data QA Test Cases
• Coordinate Feature/Product Sizing with Tech Team
• Coordinate Feature/Product Sizing with UX Team
• Track Development Project Progress
• Communicate Status and Delivery of Product Enhancements & Bug Fixes
• Socialize project scope and timelines
• Aids the full-life-cycle software development process by utilizing iterative, incremental frameworks for project management
• Assertively holds team members accountable for their deliverables
• Authors requirement detail specification documents which includes use cases that clearly depict system specifications relating to specific product business requirements.
• Convey business, system and functional requirements to both business and technical staff using a combination of graphical information and text in natural language
• Elicit, document and evaluate business product requirements which involve multiple product stakeholders and technical topics including data metrics.
• 3-5 years of successful Business Analysis and Project Management experience, managing medium-sized projects, across multiple functions, performing full-life-cycle Requirements Gathering and Project Management
• Expertise with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MS Project, Jira Suite, Confluence, Portfolio, and AHA.
• High EQ; able to build strong partnering relationships, influence, tailors communication, set expectations and act assertively (when necessary) without alienating team members
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated success in requirements modeling
• Demonstrates basic understanding of agile project management
• Can consistently and effectively document requirements. Primary techniques include agile framework, scrum stories, use cases and practical UML
• Applied knowledge of the SDLC, PDLC, and software development methodologies
• Ability to prioritize tasks/objectives with strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
• Excellent interview skills, oral and written communication and presentation skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Knowledge transfer and training skills.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.