comScore is seeking a Cloud Platform Engineer to join its world-class Platform Services Engineering team within IT Operations. The right candidate will provide essential support for comScores critical internal infrastructure, utilities and core services. They will work with development and business assets throughout the company in order to gather requirements, provide advice, and assist in implementation of software services.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Perform day-to-day system administration duties on Linux servers and PaaS / SaaS services across comScore's environments, supporting business-critical systems
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets and monitoring alerts
- Automate common procedures used to resolve incidents and monitoring alerts
- Standardize and document common procedures that can't be easily automated for hand-off to other resources or teams for execution
- Work with diverse teams to provide advice and assistance with budget estimates, tools choices, and to translate business needs to appropriate cloud native application design.
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on call schedule of production systems
What You'll Need In This Role:
- Fluent in Python, Ruby, Go or similar languages for developing Linux applications
- Fluent in the Linux command line and adept at system administrative tasks on Linux
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc) is required
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is required
- Experience collaborating and managing source code with Git is required
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members in local and remote locations
- Able to manage day to day tasks while fielding interruptions
- Self-starter type of individual, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
- Able to work with various development teams to implement and assist with best practices
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and software development / deployment concepts
- Understanding of basic networking and common internet protocols
- Amazon Certifications preferred
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.