At comScore, our DBA's are responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor and proactively maintain a multi-server environment consisting of SQL Server 2008 R2 thru 2016 on both Windows 2003 to 2012 R2 platforms in production, staging and laboratory environments
- Installation and configuration of new instances
- Administration, monitoring and management assigned SQL Server instances
- Performance tuning and optimization (indexing, partitioning, maintenance)
- HA/DR management with replication, Windows clustering, DB mirroring and Always On availability groups.
- Backups and restores (transaction log & database level)
- Task automation (PowerShell scripting, SQL Agent)
- Security (server and database layers)
- Meet with both internal and external teams to gather requirements for upcoming database needs, implementation of those requirements, testing and monitoring for specific functional and performance targets
- Maintain documentation for maintenance processes, server configurations (both how to configure and current configurations)
- Support data calls and specific applications as needed from both the database and application server standpoint
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Train and develop technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases environment.
- Actively participate and uphold required business processes/standards such as incident reporting, time accountability, versioning, naming conventions, etc. as needed.
What You'll Need:
- 3 + years of Database Administration experience with SQL Server
- Strong affinity to working with data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be able to thrive with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working as part of a team as well as self-motivated enough to define and complete tasks on own
- Strong problem solving skills with a can-do attitude
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.