comScore is seeking a dedicated individual proficient in data analysis and thinking outside of the box for the RESTON, VA location. This person will analyze raw data, diagnose potential issues with the data, design process improvements, and collaborate across different functional teams. This role helps to manage the incoming data before it's pushed up to our platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze raw data for anomolies, problems and issues and come up with ways to fix the data.
- Create new automations in Python to make the process faster and more effective.
- Test new concepts and integrate into production process.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies to make the data process better and faster.
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system.
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience (this means working at a relevant company - not an internship or education)
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Experience with SQL or knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems. Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast paced business environment. Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The nature of the teams dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned.
- Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience.
- Ability to develop advanced solutions in Python.
- Experience with statistical software (ideally, R) or scientific computation software.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.