Job Title: Senior Product Manager, Branded Entertainment & Social Media
Reports To: Vice President, Product Management
Location: New York, NY
comScore has an immediate opening for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product Management team, working with our valued client base, sales, and technology executives to drive the product strategy for our Branded Entertainment and Social Media lines of business.
The Senior Product Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of the branded content and social media measurement landscape, as well as the operational and technical capabilities that support comScore's branded content and social media measurement offerings. In order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should have the ability to author strategic documentation, case studies, and sales collateral in addition to being able to produce detailed functional documentation and implementation plans based on fine-grain requirements. The ideal candidate must be a strategist with the ability to see the big picture and yet detail-oriented and organized enough to identify and properly produce the smaller pieces required to put that picture together. This role will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the Branded Entertainment products meet the identified business requirements.
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with an exceptional attention to detail. The candidate must work well with both clients and internal resources, exhibiting confidence and a collaborative demeanor to build and maintain relationships. This role is an integral part of the development, deployment and support of comScore's non-traditional advertising measurement product portfolio.
What You Do In This Role:
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive product roadmap to advance the growth and positioning of comScore's branded content & social media measurement offerings
- Track progress against strategic imperatives and tactical milestones throughout the product development, integration, and support phases
- Gather and communicate competitive intelligence as well as maintenance of internal and external product documentation
- Help train client-facing teams on new product offerings; work closely with commercial teams to develop deep understanding of customers across a variety of industries
- Work with clients and sales to assess needs, elicit requirements and provide analytical support throughout all phases of the development and maintenance process to ensure product delivery meets client requirements
- Support clients in the design of future business processes and organizational roles to optimize efficiencies and identify improvements as provided by systems and services
- Collaborate with the rest of the team (development, QA, project management, product owner) on how to best implement new product features from the user perspective using existing system architecture
- Follow change control processes and communicate changes to the sales, delivery, operations, and engineering teams as needed
- Stay current on industry trends and challenges, be recognized as a subject matter expert, and leverage knowledge to design industry-leading products and services
- Develop best practices and tools for requirements and design specifications, and coordinate standards with internal product teams
- Meet project deadlines on-budget, while engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Collaborate with data engineer(s) on data warehousing, data conversion business rules, and business intelligence tool configuration
- Facilitate team and client meetings and deliver informative, well-organized presentations
- Assist in testing new/updated system features and creating user-specific test cases for QA and User Acceptance testing
What You Bring:
- BA or BS preferred in business, computer science, engineering or equivalent education/training/work experience
- 5+ years in the product development, including requirements analysis, workflow design, application specifications, and user testing
- 3+ years in the advertising technology space, with deep experience in creating and/or measuring non-traditional advertising (e.g., sponsorship, social media, branded content, native content)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment; adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Solid understanding of all aspects of the software application development lifecycle and release process using Agile methods
- Must be a self-starter with excellent follow-through
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate IT concepts and terminology to non-technical clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to quickly learn applications and connect the application functions to the business context.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, as well as software development teams
- Experience with the Microsoft Office tool suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint/OneDrive
- Solid facilitation, negotiation, presentation and collaboration skills
- Intricate knowledge of branded content production landscape
- Intricate knowledge of branded content measurement landscape
- Intricate knowledge of social media measurement landscape
- Advanced understanding of OLAP data models and data relationships
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft PowerBI software configuration
- Above-average knowledge of statistical modeling concepts (e.g., negative binomial distribution) and/or advanced mathematics
- Experience with SQL, MongoDB, Qlik, PowerBI, and/or JIRA
- Experience running/interpreting SQL queries and/or MongoDB queries
- Experience in an analytical field, such as experience with syndicated data, and/or custom research
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.