JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT MANAGER, CURRENCY
LOCATION: NEW YORK
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT
Working closely with the Senior Vice President for Currency, the Account Manager will be responsible for increasing the adoption of comScore’s television services as currency for planning, buying, selling and posting, by agencies, networks, local TV stations and cable companies.
This effort will include both internal and external activities. Internally the person will analyze data to identify patterns and trends within our data assets and translate these into transactional advantages for the end user. The ideal candidate will build a harmonized approach with the sales teams to create an organized effort to blend the currency discussion with other sales communications.
Externally, the person will be required to communicate, present and evangelize our advantages directly to the management decision makers and end users at both clients and in public industry forums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strong and productive relationships with Agency, Advertiser and Media Company clients to convince their buy and sell side decision makers to use comScore as a primary trading currency.
- Help grow currency conversions by understanding the principle business planning, buying, selling and posting objectives and goals of the clients, and how comScore services help the conversion to currency possible
- Aid the Buy and Sell side of these clients in converting from old currency to the new comScore currency.
- Run and analyze reports using the full spectrum of comScore TV software platforms
- Work hand in hand with National Account Management team and Sales to identify clients, solve problems, identify opportunities, and achieve objectives
- Prepare spreadsheet reports (Excel) and slide presentations (Power Point) necessary for the conversion process involved in making a switch in currency
- Manage oversight of workflow including the TPPs, post campaign media auditing companies, and stewardship companies needed to accomplish the goal.
- Travel to client locations for regular business reviews, provide product demonstrations, etc.
- Serve as an expert in media research and demonstrate a thorough understanding of how comScore TV data is applied within a client’s planning, buying, selling and posting processes.
- Proactively work with internal teams and Sales to manage client communications, responding promptly to questions, concerns and requests.
- Act as the customer advocate internally to comScore to ensure currency goals, needs and issues are clearly understood by internal departments, and provide clarity as needed.
- Serve as internal expert on each assigned account as it relates to television activities
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal comScore teams (Client Service, Client Insights, Product Management and StatOps)
- Thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial culture with multiple priorities.
Competency working with media research tools.
Understanding of television planning, buying, selling and posting processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate well with people at all levels of an organization both internally and externally, both written and verbally
- Outstanding project management, presentation, and customer service skills
- Strong competency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful
- Experience with data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data is a plus.
- High energy/positive attitude is a MUST
- Ability to interact effectively with peers in a team-oriented operating structure
- Interest and excitement in television and media
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in media research and/or agency planning and buying
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the TV industry is a plus
- Familiarity or expertise with comScore’s TV or other similar measurement systems is a plus
- Demonstrated success in managing relationships with key decision makers at the client site.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.