Job Title- Revenue Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location- Reston, VA
Reports To- Senior Manager, FP&A
The Revenue Analyst will assist in the preparing of the monthly revenue forecast, preparing revenue schedules, and performing revenue analysis and support as requested. The analyst will also assist in the creation of the budget, and the implementation of new processes and tools related to the creation of an automated forecast system. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build their understanding of corporate revenue analysis and forecasting and who wants to gain experience with implementing change and automation to improve processes.
What You’ll Do In This Role:
- Revenue Forecasting- focus on tasks that will help prepare the monthly revenue forecast
- Assist in the monthly revenue forecast by helping to build revenue projections from current contracts, projected contract renewals, expected new business, and other sources
- Create, develop and refine revenue schedules supporting the forecast
- Prepare schedules and analysis that help improve the linkage between Contract Value (CV) and revenue
- Revenue Analysis- provide revenue analysis and support regularly as requested
- Help develop and refine revenue analysis that tracks revenue by customer and other key metrics important to the business
- Seek out better ways to analyze revenue trends and patterns to help improve the forecast process and methodology
- Revenue Forecasting Portal- support the implementation and operation of a new revenue forecasting tool
- Support the transition of the forecasting process from current state to the newly designed revenue forecasting tool
- Assist with implementation, testing and tweaking of the new tool
- Once launched, utilize the tool to provide ongoing support to sales, accounting and other teams throughout the company
- Revenue Budgeting- assist In the creation of the annual revenue budget
- Build supporting revenue schedules and Contract Value (CV) templates used for revenue modeling
- Enter data into CV targets into financial ERP system and review for reasonableness
- Work directly with sales leaders to ensure budget requests are accurately reflected
What You’ll Bring:
- Passion for revenue analysis and the impact that great analysis and reporting can have on the business
- 0-3 ears of similar revenue or financial analysis reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar field
- Understanding of accounting rules and GAAP
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience using it in a similar role
- Financial ERP system experience a plus
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.