Job Title: Data Support Analyst II
Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: Director, Data Analysis & Tech Operations
The Data Support Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring ongoing data integrity and validity for comScore’s On Demand, Linear TV, Mobile, Internet TV, and Digital Download measurement products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Leads data investigations; owns products and product delivery
• Takes full responsibility for analytic research
• Maintain strict adherence to procedures as required by accreditation policies
• Oversee development tasks related to assigned duties from start to finish, including entering tasks for developers, answering detailed questions and testing
• Ensure the timely and accurate arrival and processing of data feeds to and from comScore partners and clients.
• Ensure 100% of expected data has been received, and to promptly identify and communicate issues with data feeds to internal and external parties as necessary
• Provide initial triage on issues as related to data feeds and customer questions.
• Work performed may include: coordinating and processing documents, maintaining complicated records, preparing or compiling reports, and special studies where analysis of complex technical data is required.
• Effectively translate and communicate the needs for both non-technical people and technical people
• Information gathering for special client request projects in cooperation with customer service and development staff.
• Efficiently produce polished reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Monitors data receipt and processing
• Designs and executes SQL queries against database to solve problems
• Some roles partner with cross- functional teams to develop user interface tools
• Evaluates existing data feeds and file specification creation, ticket creation, management and testing
• Works directly with data providers on existing specifications
• Familiar with custom reporting tools for data research (Alteryx, Qlikview)
• Oversees mid-size to large external partner relationships
• Mentors and trains new team members
• On Celebration rotation/Support Phone rotation
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, System Administration and/or related field
• 2+years of experience writing and understanding SQL (Postgres) Queries
• Minimum of 2 years of work with Linux/Unix, with demonstrated experience on file manipulation, data transfers, awk and sed.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with data collection and analysis
• 5+ years’ experience with Excel, including demonstrated experience with pivot tables, VLOOKUP and VBA.
• Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
• 2+ years’ experience with professional writing, including reports, business correspondence and documenting processes
• 2+ years’ experience with complex databases (pulling data from multiple sources)
• Experience with third party data analysis and presentation tools such as Qlikview, Tableau and/or Alteryx a plus.
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers’ multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.