JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, FP&A
LOCATION: RESTON, VA
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
This individual will assist the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis with the annual budget process, monthly/quarterly forecasts, long-term plans and monthly reporting for certain budget areas as well as consolidated total company reporting. This will be a leadership role requiring strong interpersonal and managerial skills as well as being detail-oriented for thorough self and team review for accurate reporting and analysis. The strong candidate will drive process improvements and have the opportunity and expectation to help the business make critical investment decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the monthly/quarterly revenue forecasting process, working closely with the sales and revenue accounting groups
- Prepare monthly analysis that highlights the key drivers for variances to budget, prior forecast and prior months related to revenue, COGS, other operating expenses and headcount
- Manage the Purchase Order and Position Requisition approval process to ensure consistency with the Plan/Forecast
- Support the Corporate annual budgeting process and the monthly/quarterly forecasting process
- Research and identify tools or methods to make our revenue planning/forecasting process scalable to accommodate our changing business needs
- Lead the calculation and analysis of many of our quarterly KPIs for board meetings and earnings calls
- Act in a financial support capacity to business unit managers and executive management team
- Assist in development and ongoing reporting of product P&Ls
- Identify ways to automate and improve efficiencies in processes, especially revenue forecasting
- Assist with the integration of newly acquired entities, when applicable
- Assist in the implementation of additional financial software, such as ERP systems
- Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure efficient operation of the function; grow and retain key talent; build capability in others by creating opportunities for growth
- Ability to anticipate the organizations needs and act proactively
- Experienced finance professional with 5-7 years with a publicly-traded, multinational company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP for technology industries
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior management and view internal leadership as a client base
- Individual must be an independent thinker who is able to perform in an evolving and changing environment while maintaining a high energy level
- Experience working with organizations during rapid growth and expansion
- Very strong deductive reasoning/analytical skills
- Highly proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience with Adaptive Planning, Netsuite and SalesForce a plus
About comScore: comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, comScore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in more than 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement.
Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR).
For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.