Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer II
Location: Reston, VA
The Quality Assurance Engineer II is an automation focused role in which he/she will develop and operate automation to perform tests and test related tasks. This role will assist the QA Manager in the implementation and execution of the Automation Strategy and Plan. Additionally, this role evaluates, recommends, and implements methods, technologies, and tools for automation. Finally, this role will work cross functionally to develop the tests and tasks needed to support the goals of the organization and will develop Audience Measurement and Analytics subject matter expertise. The candidate should also with have manual testing experience to include: mobile cross-platform, Windows & Mac OS and/or networking. Java script, testing at network device level and/or any registry level experience would be very attractive as well.
What You Do In This Role:
- Develop, implement, operate, and improve test and task automation to support:
- Functional UI and API testing
- Performance testing
- Data verification
- Test data preparation
- Test environment setup and validation
- Assist Manager to execute the Automation Strategy and Plan
- Work cross functionally to align automation with organization goals
- Train and mentor others to operate and configure automation
- Develop test cases (manual and automated) to effectively and efficiently test new capabilities and bug fixes, identify potential bugs in existing applications and document all issues into the defect tracking system
- Assist in research tasks at all points of Product and Project development process as needed, including market research, and potential research projects related to network hardware
- Review, analyze, and assist the organization to develop and improve requirements
- Meet delivery targets and commitments
What You Bring:
- Development or automation scripting in:
- Java, Python, Scala, C#, Ruby, or Perl (one or more)
- Automation framework development and operation (Selenium, Appium or other)
- Performance test automation development and operation (SOATest or other)
- Operating in a Windows, Unix/Linux, PaaS mixed environment
- JSON, SQL
- Apache Spark, AWS, JVM, Akka, Node.js, VMware
- Git, Docker, Jenkins, Angular
- JIRA, Zephyr
- Knowledge of OS (i.e. Windows, Mac OS, Linux) and/or mobile platforms (i.e. iOS. Android, Windows Mobile, etc.) including editing the registry, manipulating host and/or config files, able to author and execute grep, ssh, curl, shell scripting, etc… commands
- Knowledge of Java and Android/iOS SDKs
- Solid understanding of HTTP and network protocols including but not limited to UDP, TCP/IP, SSL Handshakes, DHCP Conversation, etc.
- Experience with REST Client and API testing
- Well versed with using and analyzing results from Web Debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, Browser developer tools, Firebug, etc.
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to understand request and response headers and HTTP response code
- Excellent logic and troubleshooting skills, independently identifying root causes and possible resolutions.
- Demonstrated excellent inter-personal and group communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Software Quality Assurance Engineer experience
- 3+ years in an SDET/Automation Engineer role
- Demonstrated ability to drive from ambiguity to clarity
- A “What if / what’s possible” mindset
comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, comScore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in more than 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement.
Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR).
For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com. “
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.