Job Title: Cloud Platform Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
comScore is seeking a Cloud Platform Engineer to join its world-class Platform Services Engineering team within IT Operations. The right candidate will provide essential support for comScores critical internal infrastructure, utilities and core services. They will work with development and business assets throughout the company in order to gather requirements, provide advice, and assist in implementation of software services.
What You'll Do In This Role:
- Perform day-to-day system administration duties on Linux servers and PaaS / SaaS services across comScore's environments, supporting business-critical systems
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets and monitoring alerts
- Automate common procedures used to resolve incidents and monitoring alerts
- Standardize and document common procedures that can't be easily automated for hand-off to other resources or teams for execution
- Work with diverse teams to provide advice and assistance with budget estimates, tools choices, and to translate business needs to appropriate cloud native application design.
- Participate in rotating 24x7 on call schedule of production systems
What You'll Need In This Role:
- Fluent in a scripting language (Bash,Python,Ruby)
- Fluent in the Linux command line and adept at system administrative tasks on Linux
- Experience with configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience collaborating and managing source code with Git
- Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members in local and remote locations
- Able to manage day to day tasks while fielding interruptions
- Self-starter type of individual, willing to take on tasks and ask for help as needed
- Able to work with various development teams to implement and assist with best practices
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and software development / deployment concepts
- Knowledge of 12 factor application design and architecture
- Understanding of networking and Internet protocols
- Amazon Certifications preferred
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.