Job Title: Project Manager, Analytical Solutions
Location: Portland, OR
Reports To: Director of Analytical Solutions
This position plays an integral role in ensuring the success of the Analytical Solutions team as a revenue generating unit. The main responsibility of this role is to oversee the creation and execution of custom analysis, while ensuring on time delivery of all studies and data extractions. The Project Manager must lead projects from initiation through implementation including phases such as planning, analysis, development and implementation. The Project Manager is expected to work on numerous engagements simultaneously and will need to communicate project status to other department manager and both internal and external clients requesting the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in sales calls with clients discussing potential custom research initiatives
- Create proposals and statements of work, outlining the parameters of the analysis and developing pricing
- Manage the execution of custom research projects from outlined statements of work to completion
- Manage and perform multiple tasks under conditions of fluctuating workloads, competing requirements, and changing deadlines; working independently and completing assignments with minimal direction.
- Work effectively with Project Specialists, Client Services team members, and Account Managers to accomplish on-time and on-budget execution of requested analyses
- Communicate any issues that arise during the management of projects to the Director of Analytical Solutions and seek remedies for quick resolution
- Assist in the development of automating and streamlining custom work using Alteryx and database query tools such as SQL
- Innovate new ways to perform custom analysis leveraging comScore’s robust data sets
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of resources including senior management
- Citical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Decision-making and analytical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated, detail- and task-oriented
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities in paralle
- proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Alteryx, SAS, or other analytical software experience helpful, but not necessary
- SQL or other programming language helpful, but not necessary
- Interest in Entertainment business and television viewing behavior
- Strong familiarity with media (theatrical, television, home entertainment, advertising, etc.) industry and practices
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Media, Market Research, Communications or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience managing complex projects or implementing solutions OR 5+ years’ experience in related industries AND 2+ years’ experience managing complex projects or implementing solutions.
About comScore: comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is the trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.