Job Title: Director of IT Services & Support
Location: Reston, VA
This role will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infrastructure used to support all business process across the global organization. This individual will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skill, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations. As a member of the IT leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the firm-wide IT Service, Incident and Event management strategy and ensures its alignment with the firm’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
What You Do:
- Led Operations to assess and develop a Production Support environment and establish standard procedures, repeatable processes, and a Tiered support organization.
- Designed and build a centralized Network Operations Center (NOC). Create key performance indicators (KPI), proving measurable impact on savings, efficiency.
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by Executive management
- Set the mission and vision of the I&O organization to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset.
- Lead the development of the I&O strategy and roadmap, and ensure its integration with the overall IT and firm strategic plans.
- Work with the IT senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources.
- Ensure cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and can respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develop and control the annual operating and capital expenditure budget.
- Produce cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals.
- Advise on what emerging technologies should be integrated and/ or introduced to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the enterprise's business strategy.
- Champions I&O involvement in the IT organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation, and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business.
- Oversee operational and service management processes to ensure quality, security, efficiency and agility goals are achieved.
- Forecast future needs to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills, and competencies.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and direction to the I&O staff.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in and at least five years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design, and development with preferred experience in leading transformational initiatives.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, International Standards Organization (ISO) 2700x, the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) frameworks.
- Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IT.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Must have expertise in budget planning and financial management preferably with showback and/or chargeback models.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills.
- Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively optimize operational efficiency and deliver innovative and agile solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the I&O workforce.
About comScore: comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, comScore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in more than 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement.
Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR).
For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.