Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Back end)
Location: Portland OR (Downtown preferred)
Reports to: Manager Software Engineering
comScore is looking for a driven software engineer who can thrive in a team environment and join our OnDemand Essentials team. We have one of the world’s most comprehensive consumer datasets. We analyze, and measure millions of daily transactions of media content consumed online and in television. Our clients include cable operators, television networks, movie studios, and advertising agencies.
As a Software Engineer on comScore’s OnDemand Essentials team, you will work in a diverse and highly collaborative team tackling complex problems related to large datasets.
The ideal candidate for this position has full stack experience and is accustomed to working collaboratively and cross-functionally with all areas of the organization. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced team environment where their solid technical skills, creative problem solving, and strong interpersonal skills are fully utilized to ensure that their team consistently exceeds customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Modifies, writes and documents software programming applications.
* Works with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations.
* Consults with client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs.
* Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs.
* Works collaboratively with the team to understand requirements and determine how to satisfy them.
* Architects creative solutions to complex technical problems that span multiple technologies, teams, and departments.
* Researches and learns technologies and methodologies pertinent to the system.
* Builds new features and capabilities.
* Ensures that their contributions exceed the expectations of their team and their customers.
* Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks.
* Follows development best practices and standards.
* Provide guidance to engineers on design and framework improvements.
* Proven professional experience working with scripting languages. Perl is a plus.
* Proven professional experience in delivering solutions related to big data.
* Experience with Postgres or SQL based DB is a plus.
* Experience with C++ is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills.
* UNIX/LINUX experience is a plus.
About comScore: comScore (NASDAQ:SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore’s data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers’ multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Software Engineer (Back end)
Req ID: 21101