Job Title: Operations QC Analyst
Location: Portland, OR
About This Role:
The Operations Quality Control Analyst will conduct testing on various Set Top Boxes (STBs) using direct remote-control access, Sling box access, and/or access via automated testing software. The Operations QC Analyst will work to understand the business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of STBs. This role will evaluate and test new STB models as they enter the lab environment, and develop automated test scripts to perform STB audits. The Operations QC Analyst will evaluate results to determine that STB behavior and results meet business requirements and established quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
• Participate in all phases of STB testing/auditing process, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts.
• Writes and executes automated test cases; performs manual tests and administers automated tests.
• Evaluates results of tests to verify that STB data in raw, repository and scheudlized states are as expected.
• Documents STB testing issues and assists development team with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problems found while performing tests.
• Verifies resolved JIRA issues and maintains accurate status for JIRA issues entered and assigned.
• Assist fellow team members and customers with problem reporting and resolution and maintaining appropriate follow-up communications throughout the resolution process.
• Contributes towards QC estimation and scheduling process.
• Desire and ability to learn Quality Control processes and methodology.
• High degree of efficiency and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Committed to meeting testing deadlines.
• Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all of its business and technological implications in order to become a subject matter expert, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, System Administration or related field
• 0-2 years of experience in quality assurance, preferably of complex web based software products
• Experience with issue reporting and tracking tools such as JIRA (preferred)Knowledge of, or experience in, the TV, Radio, Digital or Print ratings business desired
• Knowledge and experience with automated testing software desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills, with both technical and non-technical team members.
• Good computer skills, including but not limited to: knowledge of multiple software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, JIRA, etc.), operating systems, web browsers, basic networking skills, and basic hardware knowledge.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.