Job Title: Data Analyst R&D
Location: Reston, Va
About This Role:
Come join us! comScore is a media measurement company providing multiscreen reporting and analytics with cutting-edge technology to serve clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. comScore's data analytics team helps design the intelligent engines that power the company's advanced measurement systems. Through our research, comScore builds projections that make the massive amount of raw data we take in from screens across the world meaningful and useful for our clients.
We are currently seeking an Data Analyst to add to our growing company of talented team members. If you're hardworking and enjoy a cooperative work environment, we're offering a place where you can work alongside talented peers on interesting, dynamic, and fun projects. We're a small enough company that you can make a big difference here, but we're big enough to reach a national audience.
What You’ll Do:
• Validate, analyze, and conduct statistical analysis on data using analytical software (Excel, SQL, and SAS).
• Analyze and define efficient, workable solutions that support client business processes and functional requirements for research projects.
• Extract qualitative findings from large data sets.
• Write reports that include effective graphs, tables, summaries, and narratives.
• Develop and execute test cases to ensure data requirements have been met.
• Research and resolve client-reported issues.
• Interpret results, present findings, and recommend alternative solutions to research management and business decision makers.
• Track daily industry news and disseminate relevant articles to management and team
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Economics, Physics, Mathematics, or similar field required.
• 3+ years of experience in the analytical field
• Experience with SQL, Python or other programming language
• Highly competent in data manipulation and critical thinking.
• Intrinsic ability to look at data and identify patterns, problems, or analysis opportunities. Knowledge of data mining and software applications.
• Ability to distill large amounts of information into key findings.
• Ability to clearly articulate research in written and verbal presentations with software developers, clients, management, and sales staff.
• Data management experience with one or more data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) required.
• Experience with Excel, including pivot tables, formulae, VLOOKUPs, and graphing
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated, takes initiative, loves to learn, and continuously seeks new knowledge.
• Strong documentation skills from both a business and technology perspective.
• Effective troubleshooting and investigation skills to identify root cause of problems.
• Proven ability to manage and perform multiple tasks under conditions of fluctuating workloads, competing requirements, and changing deadlines while maintaining accuracy; working independently and completing assignments with minimal direction.
• Self-starter who is self-motivated, efficient, responsible, and dependable.
• Experience in the television/media research industry is a plus.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.