Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
About this role:
A Senior Analyst for Custom Analytics will support the Financial Services team and organizational goals by providing industry knowledge, analytical thinking, and solid leadership.
Working as part of the Custom Analytics department within the company, this individual will work hands-on with the vast array of comScore data assets to maintain data quality,
analyze data trends, champion data driven insights on online consumer behavior, and expand current product offerings. Additionally, this individual will work within a creative environment,
to manipulate data, statistically analyze data and convey findings to stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee a team supporting clients across the Financial Services space.
- Drive custom analytical analysis across a wide range of data assets that span multiple teams.
- Work effectively with sales and client services to scope new projects designed to effectively answer client’s questions.
- Take ownership of exposing team to different data sources, methods, etc. through R&D efforts.
- Successfully coordinate between multiple internal teams and third-party data vendors to create a new product or suite of reports.
- Preserve quality data by implementing team-wide standard and independent QA processes, maintaining proprietary data collection programs, and resolving any data anomalies.
- Understand core products by researching industry trends, knowing the base data used in all delivered reports, and keeping track of current and potential clients.
- Meet with external clients as needed and assist sales and client services with customizing to meet client needs.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or business-related subject such as Computer Science, Information Systems or Marketing & Management.
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis using SQL, PostgreSQL, R and/or SAS/Other Statistical Software.
- Knowledge of xPath, Bash/Linux, Regular Expression and/or work with data visualization tools such as Qlik and Tableau is a plus.
- Proven proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight
- Strong analytical/critical thinking and innovation skills.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, creative, team player willing to help others
- Flexible and able to work fast under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements
- Project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Previous management experience or mentorship is a plus.
- Previous experience in digital or TV analytics is a plus.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.