Job Title: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
comScore’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for establishing and maintaining the enterprise vision, strategy, architecture, and a multi-year roadmap that ensures that the company’s information assets are adequately protected. A key element of this role is communicating security at a strategic level to executive management, the Audit and Compliance committees, and the Board of Directors and evangelizing security across the business to drive adoption of security best practices. The CISO will manage a small team of dedicated resources and partner with the legal and privacy office, internal audit and risk management, and various business units to build a culture of security awareness, maintain compliance, and reduce overall risk to the enterprise. The CISO reports to the Chief Information and Technology Operations Officer.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and implement a strategic, long-term corporate security strategy and roadmap to ensure that comScore’s information assets are adequately protected.
- Work with senior leaders across the business to assess and communicate acceptable levels of risk.
- Identify, evaluate and report on information security risks, practices and projects to the Executive Leadership Team and the Board of Directors, and provide subject matter expertise on security standards, best practices, and compliance (e.g. SOX, GDPR, etc.).
- Develop, mentor, and manage a high performing staff of information security professionals.
- Chair the enterprise security governance committee.
- Develop the Boards understanding of security beyond a compliance-only view.
- Lead the development of up-to-date information security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines, and oversee their approval, dissemination, and maintenance.
- Ensure that the security management program is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Act as the champion for the enterprise information security program and foster a security-aware culture.
- Oversee the evaluation, selection and implementation of information security solutions that are innovative, cost-effective, and minimally disruptive.
- Partner with operations, infrastructure, and applications teams to ensure that technologies are developed and maintained according to security policies and guidelines.
- Manage regular intrusion detection and vulnerability reporting, internal and external IT audit groups reviews, and the coordination of all required fixes.
- Develop business metrics to measure the effectiveness of the security management program, and increase the maturity of the program over time.
- Monitor the industry and external environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on appropriate courses of action.
- Liaise with law enforcement and other advisory bodies as necessary to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture.
- Oversee incident response planning and the investigation of security breaches, and assist with any associated disciplinary, public relations and legal matters.
- Oversee and lead the creation, communication and implementation of a process for managing vendor risk and other third-party risk.
- Lead due diligence and post integration activities related to information security for all M&A activity.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; (graduate degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of IT and/or business leadership experience, and 5+ years of information security/cybersecurity experience.
- A proven track record in developing information security policies and procedures, and successful execution.
- Extensive knowledge of business risk, risk assessment and risk-based decision making.
- Able to communicate security and risk-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences (in business terms), including board level.
- A natural influencer and coalition builder; passionate about building high performing teams.
- Ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; an innovative leader, problem solver and consultant.
- Ability to evangelize IT security to make it a critical part of business operations; build trust and respect for the security function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Experienced with contract and vendor negotiations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations.
- Knowledge of security, risk and control frameworks and standards such as ISO27001, NIST, and ITIL.
- Understanding of cloud, SaaS, and IoT architectures, and their implications on information security strategy.
- Technical acumen including but not limited to: IT infrastructure, cloud, secure application development, tools and frameworks, database technologies, web technologies, mobile, network architecture, enterprise architecture, and directory services.
- Security technology acumen and experience including but not limited to: firewall, intrusion detection, cyber-attack tools and defenses, encryption, web filtering, anti-malware, anti-phishing, identity and access management, multi factor authentication.
- Professional certifications, such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA.
The CISO at comScore will:
- Establish a world-class information security capability at a company that is a leader in its field.
- Be a member of a successful and forward-looking technology leadership team.
- Lead in a high-profile role that interacts regularly with executive leadership and the board.
- Build and lead a high performing team of information security professionals.
- Make a significant difference through elevating information security to become a strategic asset creating incremental value for our clients.
- Join a forward-thinking team of leaders who work together toward a common goal.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.