Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Reston, VA
About this role:
If you have experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with others as part of a dynamic team, then this may be the role for you. Our Program / Project Managers work across numerous teams and are involved with bringing new products to market, as well as improving existing operational processes. The ideal candidate will thrive in a high-output environment where they will be required to review deliverable requirements and work with various teams to implement solutions. You will collaborate with technical groups to maintain schedules and deadlines for new product development, as well as define ongoing processes for transition to operational teams.
What you'll do:
- Manage and direct cross-functional software development teams.
- Autonomously drive projects from inception to delivery through Project Management best practices
- Provide metrics and reporting for project and delivery teams, as well as executive management
- Schedule and facilitate necessary meetings to drive projects from inception through delivery
- Work with technical teams to determine tasks, resources, and time required to accomplish implementation of technical projects
- Create, document, and maintain comprehensive project plans and coordinate tasks required for timely completion of projects, as well as long-term deliverable sustainability
- Act as central point of contact for projects; work and communicate directly with various internal technology groups to understand requirements and assist in identifying and implementing solutions
- Identify potential risks, opportunities, dependencies, and issues of importance related to assigned projects, develop and administer appropriate resolution plans, and communicate to stakeholders and senior leadership as appropriate
- Manage financial aspects of the project via development and monitoring of project budget
- Respond to operational issues and information requests within defined areas of responsibilities
- Document business processes/workflows and identify areas of improvement while working with various teams to implement necessary changes
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in project management, technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience with technical teams on large-scale, highly-visible projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent project management experience: planning, scheduling, project communication, issue resolution, change management, and risk management.
- Agile Scrum / Kanban experience and working knowledge of SDLC
- Experience analyzing technical requirements, creating comprehensive project plans, and maintaining project portfolio based on understanding of cross-project impacts
- Must have very strong verbal and written diplomacy, facilitation, and communication skills
- Must be a focused self-starter, adaptable, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously and efficiently under pressure with decisiveness and confidence with limited oversight
- Demonstrated effectiveness in providing leadership to multi-functional teams with diverse professionals in a fast-paced technical product environment
- Experience concurrently managing a portfolio of cross-team projects with ability to effectively prioritize workload for self and internal customers
- Experience facilitating meetings and presenting to executive committees and stakeholders
- Must be a fast learner with willingness and ability to develop new disciplines and learn new technologies / skills quickly, as well as the ability to understand data processing, systems, and interactions while offering solutions as part of a team
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.