Job Title: Director Event Planning & Marketing, Movies
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
About This Role:
Comscore, a leading independent measurement partner for planning, transacting, and evaluating media across platforms, is looking for an entrepreneurial and autonomous individual to lead marketing efforts for the company’s suite of movies intelligence solutions ranging from film distributors to theatres. In this role, you will define and execute on a comprehensive strategy for communicating Comscore’s industry-leading solutions to relevant partners (domestic and international) and to the overall global film community. This is a unique opportunity for a self-starter who has a deep understanding of the film industry and is passionate about joining a team that is actively shaping the future of film analytics and reporting.
What You’ll Do:
- Owning industry event strategy and management end-to-end: As marketing lead for Comscore’s Movies division, you’ll own the editorial calendar for major film industry events, including international, forging strong relationships with programmers and organizers and proactively planning the company’s presence at several major events. This includes identifying unique storytelling angles for panels and presentations, as well as ensuring a flawless and effective on-the-ground presence.
- Shaping the Movies division story in the marketplace: As marketing lead, you’ll serve as the internal expert on Comscore’s solutions specific to the film industry and how movie data interlinks with marketing applications. This storytelling extends from brand marketing to product marketing—to that end, this person will be able to articulate and execute on a message that explains Comscore’s value, as well as articulate and execute on product-specific language based on key sub-sets of partners in the space.
- Creating and owning a game-plan for Movies marketing at Comscore: As marketing lead, you’ll manage the division’s global marketing budget and create a sustained cadence of campaigns and evergreen messages to help support sales and revenue-generation efforts. Your plan will encompass top of the funnel activities, such as thought leadership and reports, as well as mid-to-lower funnel activities designed to help extend the awareness of Comscore’s ability.
- Equal parts dreamer and doer: You can think creatively to solve problems – but you’re also a realist who can be held accountable for projects with complex timelines and multiple moving parts.
- Passionate about the movie business and, more importantly, how data is reshaping the industry: You’re interested in helping Comscore continue to provide the insights that help the entire industry, from distributors to theatres and anyone in between, make smarter business decisions.
- You want to take an active role in assisting the growth of the Film Industry, not a company or a business unit.
- A compelling storyteller: You’re able to explain complex challenges succinctly to numerous unique audiences. You understand that marketing is about leading with the needs of the varying levels of consumers, and you’re well versed in the unique challenges faced by film distributors and exhibitors today.
- A strong writer and overall communicator: You have a strong eye for design when it comes to marketing communications and collateral (although you won’t be expected to design yourself).
- A strong project manager with high attention to detail: You are comfortable owning projects and managing up (and around) to get things done with velocity.
- Have an optimistic viewpoint: You’re motivated by challenges and able to operate like a startup.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a brand, product or event marketing role (ideally in the theatrical distribution or exhibition industry)
- Significant contacts and relationships in the film industry
- Marketing event knowledge needed – e.g. know the difference between the Cannes Film Market and the Cannes Film Festival. Experience at key events; CinemaCon, CineEurope, local events, etc.
- International theatrical distribution business awareness highly desired
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.