Job Title: Associate Analyst, Survey Insights
Location: Chicago IL
Reports To: Survey Insights Manager
About this role:
The Associate Analyst will play a key role in supporting the Research Managers and Research Directors on survey projects, product management, and innovation. The Analyst will work with data from custom research projects to deliver strategic consulting services and assist the team with other product-related initiatives.
What you'll do:
• Work with the Survey and Lift Research team (SLR) on a divergent product set, including studies focused on a wide variety of client objectives/methodologies, leveraging comScore’s unique data assets and technologies.
• Engage in project assignments such as assisting with custom questionnaire development, testing of data and survey links, manipulating and analyzing data, creation of client deliveries, and participation in client communications/presentations.
• Focus on product management and innovation, including process improvements, creation of sales-support materials, new product testing and development, and other similar activities.
• Participate in cross-functional training within SLR, as well as outside departments such as Survey Operations and other technical teams.
• Lead individual projects which support Company objectives and continuous improvement.
• Support other associated tasks and duties which may be identified and assigned by management.
What you'll need:
• Must have a 4 year University degree (Marketing, Business, Social Science or quantitative field) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong attention to detail and quality.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• An aptitude toward technology.
• Proactive with creative problem solving skills.
• High energy/positive attitude.
• Ability to multitask and work independently.
• Flexible and adaptable, willing to jump to different projects/initiatives quickly
• Proficient in Power Point, Word and Excel.
• Experience with statistical software such as SPSS preferred.
At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, comScore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.