Job Title: Senior Survey Research Manager
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About This Role:
The Senior Research Manager will be responsible for coordinating all activities from project initiation to the creation of the final deliverables of concurrent custom survey research projects for comScore clients. In this role, the Senior Research Manager will be responsible for assisting in consulting with clients regarding project scope and methodology, to deliver strategic deliverables that meet the client’s objectives. The Senior Research Manager will take ownership for the quality of every client deliverable that they produce. The Senior Research Manager will also be a people manager, responsible for the training and development of junior team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage multiple research projects concurrently, utilizing a variety of research methodologies/ approaches (ex., panel-based surveys, on-device surveys, advertising effectiveness studies, online focus groups, website evaluations)
- Identify key client objectives and expectations regarding custom research studies
- Design/write questionnaires
- Coordinate with technical/ operations teams for recruitment set-up and field management
- Oversee all data-related aspects of project execution (e.g., quality control assurance from fielding through report delivery)
- Manage progress of survey research projects to ensure accomplishment of client research objectives - this includes communication to anticipate challenges related to survey design, fielding/data collection, and project deliverables.
- It also requires the Senior Research Manager to take the lead role in active communication with the client and the Internal Team in reporting project progress, anticipating and overcoming project-related challenges, and assuring quality deliverables.
- Able to develop/write overall study analytic plans.
- Analyze large data sets to communicate compelling insights to clients.
- Perform basic and advanced analyses of survey research results, including sub-group analysis for inclusion in reports. Basic analysis to include:
- Produce descriptive analyses of results consistent with client research objectives
- Perform basic analyses of statistical significance using accepted measures such as t-tests, chi square and analysis of variance
- Creation and implement of weighting schemes
- Advanced analysis to include strategic storytelling, insights, and recommendations that are actionable to the client.
- Design/create reports/presentations based on client needs
- Prepare and present analyses with findings and recommendations to clients
- Support existing clients with company’s growth objectives in mind.
- Mentor and develop internal analysts on team.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or quantitative field
- 5-10 years of survey research experience, in addition to 2+ years of managerial experience
- Custom research experience is an asset
- Experience in an online environment/using online methodologies; experience monitoring studies in field to ensure that quotas and timelines are met
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Proven ability to manage and develop ongoing client relationships
- Experience determining customer requirements and coordinating with product development is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including both written and verbal
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel; SSPS is plus
- An aptitude towards technology and systems, and a willingness to partner with internal engineering teams on projects
- Very high energy/positive attitude
About comScore: At comScore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, comScore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.