Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Portland, OR (PDX or Downtown Office)
About This Role:
The Senior Software Engineer as a member of the Linear Foundation Team delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. Creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Modifies, writes and documents software programming applications
- Consults with clients to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features and input and output requirements
- Works with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementation
- Demonstrates personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Designs and codes screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interfaces with other systems
- Converts designs and specifications into computer code
- Compiles code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Consults with internal stakeholders to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to meet needs
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems or questions about programs
- Suggests design options for concept product features or enhancements
- Defines and improves development practices and policies
- Estimates, designs and develops new modules and complex enhancements to the system
- Proficient in design techniques including re-use, performance and integration concepts
- Able to provide accurate estimates and impact of changes or enhancements
- Considerations include development approach to align with business target dates
- Provides system framework and design improvements suggestions for the system
- Documents and presents framework improvements for use by department (brown-bag seminars)
- Understands end to end system modules and integration points
- May train end users or technical support staff to use programs
- Pairs with other engineers where appropriate
- Follows development best practices and standards
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related area preferred, as well as 3 or more years of experience in software engineering or an equivalent combination
- Knowledge of commonly used software development concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with large scale distributed systems is highly desired
- Experience with Java/JVM, AWS, and Spark is highly desired
- Experience with open-source scripting languages such as Python or Perl is highly desired
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking, and scaling techniques
- Experience with working PostgreSQL, columnar data formats such as Parquet, and large data sets is highly desired
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) along with a track record of success completing often ambiguous projects
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.