Job Title: Associate Data Quality Analyst
Location: Portland, OR (PDX Office)
About This Role:
This position within the Information Quality team has a vital role in ensuring the quality and accuracy of comScore's TV audience reporting data serving the needs of the national and local TV industries. The position will play an important part in finding and tracing the causes of data issues as well as investigating ways to improve our quality and drive down the error rate. The position performs a variety of complicated tasks and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Investigate reported data issues, confirm their validity, identify causes and recommend solutions in a timely manner
- Design and prepare procedures to test the integrity of Comscore’s source data, calculations, and output
- Independently identify and prepare appropriate data queries, analytical techniques, data, and methods to validate our processes and answer questions related to quality assurance
- Document data defects using a bug tracking system (JIRA) and report defects to appropriate staff and team members
- Monitor resolution efforts and track successes
- Perform impact analysis
- Create or maintain databases of known data defects
- Support client-facing and operational teams by investigating problems and assisting with problem resolution
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar focus preferred, with 0-2 years of professional data or business analysis experience
- Experience working in a Linux environment desired
- Experience using JIRA or similar tracking and project management software
- High proficiency with SQL, Excel, and SAS desired, as well as proven logic, math, and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of scripting language such as Python, Ruby, etc or similar languages used to develop testing and investigation tools is desired
- Knowledge of Presto, VBA and AWS is a plus
- Ability to define, prepare, and execute validation processes, including SQL queries of internal and external data sources
- A comprehensive range of cognitive and practical skills required to develop testing and investigative solutions to quality assurance challenges
- Critical thinker with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative approaches
- Positive role model for others on the team in work habits, attitude, helpfulness
- Self-starter with a proven work ethic and ability to work without constant direction
- Documents steps, has ability to find old work/results, and keeps track of on-hold projects, knowing what was done when
- Suggests ways the group can become better organized
- Reliably assesses and communicates risks of deploying software under tight testing schedules and management pressure
- Seeks out, manages, and coordinates company-wide resources who are assisting with validation efforts
- Ability to handle multiple projects while consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines, working longer hours when needed
- Works well with others to meet overall deadlines, taking on more work as needed
- Volunteers for new projects, going beyond outlined project steps, anticipating management requests
- General familiarity with media industry (television, home entertainment, advertising, etc.) and practices, is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Comscore’s linear TVE/SVE products, business rules, calculations, and site navigation, is a plus
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.