Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Remote OR Reston, VA
This role will support the Custom Analytics team by providing industry knowledge and analytical thinking. This role will engage with analytics leads and commercial leads across Comscore to scope new project work for clients, design and build custom data reports, and ensure projects are successfully delivered on an ongoing basis. This individual will work hands-on with a vast array of Comscore data assets to analyze data trends, champion data-driven insights on consumer behavior and expand current product offerings. Ultimately, this individual will be the owner and subject matter expert of multiple revenue-generating client projects.
What You'll Do:
- Build custom solutions to meet market needs for measurement that help clients solve new problems and better understand audiences and their advertising efforts
- Drive custom analysis across a wide range of digital and TV data assets
- Participate and lead ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies
- Work effectively with Client Insights team to deliver data on an ongoing and ad-hoc basis to ensure data meets clients needs; QA and investigate data as needed
- Perform in-depth project feasibility checks
- Act as data subject matter expert to external and internal stakeholdersUnderstand core products by researching industry trends, and formulating knowledge around base data used in all delivered reports
- Share your knowledge and skills to collectively make the team stronger
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject such as Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 4+ years of professional experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data
- 1-2 years managing projects
- Expert experience with SQL building complex scripts, stored procedures, functions, etc.
- Familiarity with some combination of command line/shell scripting, Python, R, AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, SQL Server, XPath, and/or RegEx strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel and business intelligence (Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik) experience a plus
- Industry experience with market research data a plus
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems and puzzles
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication; strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, with a mind for innovation
- Project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, fast-learning, team-player, with a creative mind-set
- Flexible and able to work fast under tight deadlines with demanding requirement
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms.
With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.